Sunday Night Service"And they all gathered together in one spirit."
What’s Different About Sunday Night?
At the Barn we have three services each weekend. To learn more about the two morning services, click here! The Sunday Night Service is an experience crafted to help people build a relationship with Jesus, friends, and neighbors. Whether you were raised in the front row of a church or have never believed in a higher power, you are welcome to join us.
- Community, and know it can be hard to get to know people at church. Once a month we end our meeting with dinner together. This is a great time to visit so we can get to know each other.
- An environment where all people can connect with God regardless of where they are on their spiritual journey. We work to make room for everyone to grow spiritually and learn something new.
- Being welcoming. Our strong hope is that as Jesus changes us, we will want to share that change with others.
- Recognizing that people learn in different ways. We want to offer several different styles each month so we can all learn more about Jesus as he’s presented in the scriptures and as he lives in our everyday faith.
- Serving others together. We do regular service projects throughout the year together. Check the schedule to learn more.
- Learning from each other’s experiences, struggles, and perspectives.
- A two-way relationship with Jesus. Following Jesus is not just about us singing to him, praying to him, and serving him. It is about us experiencing him. We can feel his love as we open our hearts to him. We can hear his voice as we quiet ourselves. We can sense his nearness as we focus our hearts on him.
- Music as a form of worship because we believe that God is the ultimate Artist, and a lover of beauty, creativity, and passion.
What to Expect on at Sunday Night
We have been to new churches before, and we know how easy it is to feel uninformed about what is happening, disconnected from the service, and alienated from the people. Here is some information that might give you a better idea of what to expect when you visit for the first time. Although every week is slightly different, below are some basic elements. Also, we dress casually!
Praise and Worship
The first half of the meeting is devoted to praise and worship. During this time we have a band that leads us in singing and lifting our hearts to praise and worship Jesus. We encourage people to worship with all of their hearts, minds, emotions and bodies. This is truly a time to connect with Jesus and experience his love and power in your life.
The teaching time is set aside each week for one of our many gifted teachers to stir our hearts, stimulate our minds and motivate our wills. All of our teaching is founded on the truth of the Bible. Our goal in teaching is not simply to inform us of this truth, but to help us learn how the truth in the Bible can apply in a relevant way to our lives today. Our hope is that people will be encouraged, challenged and even transformed by the teaching each week.
The Call Forward
If you’ve never been in a church like ours before, this may seem a little odd to you; but really the call forward is a very special time for individuals to come forward and receive individualized prayer for needs in their lives. Often we will give specific needs that we feel God is highlighting that day (for instance, people who need direction in life), but we are always open to anyone coming up for prayer with any need. Feel free to come up even if it is your first time here. We’d love to pray with you. Sometimes there will be a call forward during the service, if not, prayer ministers are available to pray with you after the service.
Hang Out After the Meeting
After the meeting is over we encourage you to stick around for a while! Often we have meals to raise money for mission trips, and if you are here for your first time – you can eat for free! So join us! Feel welcome to hang out and to get to know some people and even to ask some questions.
What About Kids?
Here at the Barn we love kids! While many churches will separate the children from the “real” adult service as soon as the meeting begins, we feel that having our children with us during worship enhances our worship experience. We love the energy and excitement that the kids add to our time of singing and celebration. We also strive to make our children’s ministry, called “Kid’s of the Kingdom,” a fun-filled, meaningful time of learning about Jesus and growing closer to Him. We accomplish this goal in two ways – small group time and large group time.
In small groups, kids will get a chance to eat a yummy snack, make a creative craft that enhances the lesson of the week, and get a chance to make some new friends. During large group time, the kids will enjoy a puppet show, skits, games and a lesson that highlights the theme of the week.
Each teacher is screened and trained to work with children and we strive to make the classroom a healthy and warm environment. When the announcement is made for children to head to children’s ministry, feel free to escort your child/children to the atrium and someone will meet you to help you find the right classroom.
When you arrive – please find the KIDS CHECK IN and register your kids and print out labels!
Basic Schedule for the Kids
Worship with your family
Children go to children’s ministry
Small Group Time
Large Group Time
What About Teens?
We believe that teens are not just “the church of the future” but they are an integral part of the church now. To that end we continually endeavor to encourage and include teens in as many forms of ministry at our Sunday Services as possible, and we hope you get to see that!
At the evening service we offer a middle school class that leaves the same time as kids ministry. They head down to our other facility “the old barn” where there is a video lesson and a discussion led by a parent or young adult teacher.
We strongly encourage all teens to come Sunday Nights from 6:30-8:30 to The Barn Youth Group. You can check out whats happening at our Facebook Page, and you can email Christian Dunn the youth pastor to find our more information (use the form below please).
Please let us know what questions you have, or who you would like to contact!